Some things you should notice…
- My latest "tweet" is in my status box in the top right corner of the page.
- If you click on the "Social Me" tab, you can see my latest FriendFeed entries
- Comment count bubble at the top of posts on archive pages (that took some hacking)
- All of this was done without modifying any widget templates, so if you click the "Reset widget templates to default" link in the layout editor, the theme won't break! This took lots of care and a little CSS tooling, but I think is important (because I've had several themes break on me, and there's nothing worse!)
- The tabs at the top are coded with
rel="me"links (for all the XFN junkies)
So how did I do this and, more importantly, how can you use this template on your blog?
Find out in January.
Update: I forgot how busy I am all the time.
Instructions are coming, but it may be a few weeks.